Self Employment Tax Initiative
The Atlanta Prosperity Campaign's Self-Employment Tax Initiative (SETI) provides free tax preparation services to self-employed individuals who need Schedule C’s prepared along with their tax returns. The SETI site is located at Resources for Residents and Communities, 100 Flat Shoals Avenue SE, Atlanta, Georgia 30316. Our CPA’s and qualified tax professionals are committed to providing the highest quality of tax preparation services. To help our tax preparers meet this goal, please carefully read the information below before completing the 2012 Tax Organizer.
*Your total household income must be $49,000 or less for the Tax Year 2012.
*We are unable to assist customers with corporate or limited liability companies (partnership).
*Please arrive at least 15 minutes in advance of your appointment.
*We reserve the right to not reschedule appointments for no-shows or cancellations within 24 hours of appointment.
*You must have supporting documentation, such as invoices, receipts, deposit slips, canceled checks, check registers, bank and/or credit card statements to prove your expenses. We will not prepare your tax return if you are missing any information or documentation.
*Bring these documents with you to have your taxes prepared:
-Required for all returns:
A valid, official photo identification (you and your spouse, if filing jointly)
One of the following for you, your spouse and any other persons listed on your tax return:
1. Social Security Number (SSN) card or letter *
2. Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number (ATIN) card or letter *
3. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) card or letter *
(You must have been issued an ITIN by the IRS to qualify for e-file)
*Official Social Security Administration or IRS ITIN assignment letters are acceptable.
4. 2011 tax return
5. All W-2 Forms for 2012
6. Joint returns require both filers to be present to sign the return
7. Voided check or savings account number for direct deposit of your refund
1. Form 1098-Mortgage Interest, property taxes, closing statement
2. Form 1099-DIV, G, INT, Q, R, RRB, SSA, for 2011
3. If you had child care or dependent care expenses, please bring the name, address, and tax ID or SSN/ITIN of the care provider.
4. Form 1098-T or 1098-E or for educational expenses
If you have questions or if attempting to make an appointment after April 15, please call 404-832-4979. You must complete the 2012 Tax Organizer before your appointment. Not all sections of the 2012 Tax Organizer may apply to your work activities. Complete the sections that best show your income and expenses.